|1 1/2 Pound Chicken or beef boneless|
|2 Onion thinly slices|
|2 Bay leaves||Oil for frying onions|
|1 1/2 Cup brown rice|
|1/2 Cup Channa daal (skinless, split chickpeas)|
|2 tbs Toor daal (pigeon peas)|
|2 tbs Urad dal (skinless black gram)|
|2 tbs moong-daal (split mung beans)|
|2 tbs Masoor dal (orange lentils)|
|2 tsp garlic paste||2 tsp ginger paste|
|2 tsp chili powder||1 tsp turmeric|
|1/2 Cumin powder|
|1/2 tsp black pepper powder|
|1/2 Coriander powder||1/8 Green cardamoms powder|
|1/8 tsp cloves powder||1/8 tsp nutmeg powder|
|2 whole lemon medium size|
|Salt to taste|
Julienne ginger, coriander leaves, fried onions and one lemon wedge for garnishing GLUTEN FREE HALEEM b e f o r e f o l l o w i n g the recipe,
you must wash and soak the dal and rice over night
- In a big sauce pan, fry the onions. When it’s light brown, add ginger and garlic paste. Fry for few more minutes (till the raw smell goes away).
- Add meat and salt (as prefered). Fry for a few more minutes.
- Add all the powder and fry for 2 to 3 more minutes. MAKE SURE NOT TO BURN IT.
- Add water and cook the meat. Let the meat Cook until very soft and ﬂaky
- Once the meat is cooked, add the soaked rice, lentils and more salt to taste. let it cook together until every thing is cooked well.
- At this point u can check the salt and spices. If want more u may add it to taste.
- Add lemon juice from one lemon. If there is excess water, let the water evaporate a bit.
- Blend the meat, mix and cooked rice with a hand blender up to your prefered consistency.
- Fry the second onion, till golden brown, and garnish with Ginger, coriander and lemon wedges.
If you are using slow cooker, follow the steps 1-4 and cook for 4 hours on high and the follow steps 5-8 and cook for 6 more hours on high.
Garnish as described in step 9.
Comment now using your Facebook ID